Overview of the Finance Department’s Responsibilities
- Assists the Administration with the preparation of an annual budget.
- Administers financial policies and procedures.
- Receives and has control of all Borough's cash receipts for deposit in approved depositories.
- Controls the disbursement of all Borough funds.
- Processes paychecks for all Borough's employees. Handles the payment of payroll withholding's and reporting to all appropriate agencies.
- Manages funds to maintain cash flow for the payment of bills.
- Maintenance of Borough’s accounting system and records all financial transactions.
- Controls expenditures.
- Prepares annual financial reports.